INFORMATION FOR IMMIGRATION APPLICANTS
Please contact the office of Dr. Ruth Dubin with any questions: email@example.com
Cost of the immigration exam:
$350 payable by money order, cash, or cheque ONLY to: Dr. Ruth Dubin Medicine PC
(This exam is not covered by any medical insurance plans). We offer discounts for families (children 15 years old and under).
THE IMMIGRATION MEDICAL EXAM IS DONE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
Initially the Medical Secretary will:
- Create an eMedical case (if you do not already have one)
- Provide an eMedical consent form to be signed by you.
- Scan and upload your photo to the eMedical case file
- Upload your basic demographic information required by immigration
- You will be required to give a urine sample during your appointment
- Record your basic health information; height, weight & blood pressure
- There will be an eye exam and a basic hearing test
The Physician will:
- Inquire about your medical history to be provided to immigration
- Complete a full physical exam
- Provide requisitions for x-ray and blood work (when indicated by immigration)
What to bring to both of your appointments:
- 1 passport-style photograph
- Any forms or instructions for your medical exam you may have received from Immigration Canada
- Your passport or government-issued picture ID if your passport is not available
- Your visa papers which outline the conditions and length of your stay in Canada
- Any medical records outlining existing health problems
- Any medication you are currently taking
- Your eyeglasses
For children needing an immigration medical exam bring:
- Immunization records
- Medical records describing existing health problems or behavioural (ie Attention Deficit Disorder or school problems)
- Any medication your child takes
Once your appointment has been booked, we require at least 72 HOURS ADVANCE NOTICE to cancel or rebook.
* IF YOU DO NOT SPEAK ENGLISH YOU MUST SUPPLY A TRANSLATOR *
ADDITIONAL TESTS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE YOUR MEDICAL EXAMINATION *
* Dependent on age, profession, and whether the client is applying for Canadian, Australian or New Zealand immigration.
X-RAY Hours 8-5 PM
Cost ~ $80.00 (check with KMI for exact cost) at either of the following locations:
- KMI X-Ray located at 835 Princess St. (613-549-8775) – Cash or Debit
- KMI X-Ray located at 776 Blackburn Mews (613-384-5488) – Cash Only
Cost < $10.00 (check with lab for exact cost) at any of the following locations payable by Cash, Debit or Credit (Mastercard or Visa).
- LifeLabs/CML located at 797 Princess St. (1-877-849-3637)
- LifeLabs located at 255 Bagot St. (1-877-849-3637)
- LifeLabs located at 1473 John Counter Blvd, City Place 2, main floor (1-877-849-3637)
NOTE: On occasion, additional tests may be required to complete your medical exam based on the requirements set by the CIC Health Branch Immigration Medical Exam instructions.
Once your medical exam is completed, and additional test results are received, your exam results are then submitted electronically to the immigration authorities. After it has been submitted, we have NO role in your case, unless a follow-up medical test is requested (which is an additional cost).
DO NOT CONTACT US FOR TRACKING INFORMATION ON YOUR CASE. ANY QUESTIONS TO THIS EFFECT SHOULD BE SUBMITTED TO: